Removable drives like ours fit well into workflows that include cloud-based storage or applications. They’re the bedrock for foolproof onsite backup, and they provide a speedy and efficient way to seed a cloud environment.
But let’s get our heads out of the cloud and chat for a moment about why removable drives are better for backup than the cloud.
- When removed, they are nearly bombproof. Removable drives can’t be manipulated, deleted or hacked if they are off and/or unattached to a computer.
- They do not require an internet connection to be used. Data can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
- Speaking of internet connectivity. Removable drives don’t rely on bandwidth. So there’s no need to worry about cost, speed or reliability for that.
- They’re faster at recovery and backup than cloud services.
- There are no hidden fees. Once you have them, you own them and the storage they provide.
- There is no limit to their storage capacity. You decide the number and size of removable drives you purchase, and you can demand can drive any upgrades.
- You can see, touch and transport them off-site for any reason. Depending on where you move them, you need not incur storage fees.
- The buck stops with you. Each removable drive can be catalogued, accounted for and easily retrieved.